Our members are doing great things. Let's nominate them for one of these awards and recognize their amazing accomplishments!
Filtering by Category: Awards
A friendly reminder that now is the time to submit your nominations for Allegheny SAFawards. We have many members within Allegheny SAF that are deserving of these awards. Our Allegheny Chair has challenged each chapter and division to submit at least one nomination for one or more of these awards. Can you help us meet that challenge?
Jonathan Kays is accepting nominations for:
- Forester of the Year
- Outstanding Service to Forestry and
- Student Leadership Award.
Award criteria and nomination forms may be found here.
The deadline has been extended until December 12.
Please forward your nominations to Jonathan Kays at email@example.com.
The Executive Board for the MD DE Division of SAF is currently reaching out to our membership to ask for nominations for any of the three annual SAF Awards (see below 1-3) due by December 5th, 2016. Click here to view these three award options, download forms and see the list of past award winners.
(1) Robert W. Bauer Outstanding Service to Forestry - The purpose of this award is to give official recognition to professional achievements in forestry, and to recognize superior service to the Society of American Foresters.
(2) Forester of the Year - The purpose of this award is to give official recognition to current professional achievements in forestry, to recognize a specific accomplishment or achievement in forestry during the previous year and to demonstrate to the public that the profession is a vital and active part of the total conservation effort.
(3) Student Leadership Award - The purpose of this award is to recognize a forestry student who exemplifies the leadership capabilities desired in future forestry professionals.
In addition, a 4th award nomination, not due until May 15th, 2017, is also being solicited for the "PRESIDENTIAL FIELD FORESTER" That award requires submission of the required materials to the Allegheny Board of Directors representative by May 15, and as seen on the Awards webpage. Learn more about the Eligibility Criteria, Career Narrative and Timeline for Selection on the Awards webpage or Contact: Kelsey Delaney at (866) 897-8720 ext.202.
Please contact Teri Batchelor at 410-819 4121 or email firstname.lastname@example.org by October 15 with any suggestions for these awards and we will work together to make it happen by the submission deadlines; December 5, 2016 and May 15, 2017.